If your internet search for “Target senior hours” landed you on this website, you’re in for a treat.
Wearing different avatars like Goodfellow Dry Goods (1902) to Dayton-Hudson Corporation (1969), Target has more than a century’s legacy in the history books.
Founded in 1902 as a corporation and reinventing itself as a store in 1962, Target discount store was conceived in Roseville, Minnesota, and the establishment sits on a plot roughly 135,000 square feet today.
George Dayton and John Geisse are the people to thank if you have ever purchased anything in Target that has added value to your life.
Cut to today, Target is a $93 billion company and has over 400,000 people employed. With nearly 2000 stores in the U.S., Target is a direct competitor to big guns like Amazon and Walmart.
27 countries have Target stores and the company’s global footprint crosses well over 11,000 stores, which is no easy feat as penetrating foreign markets where local businesses thrive is the toughest undertaking for any enterprise.
With that little glimpse of the history and the expanse of Target, let us get right to the point, which targets senior shopping hours.
Target Senior Hours of Operation
Target is proactive in changing the hours for senior citizens based on the COVID19 and other regional situations. In March of 2020, Target allowed dedicated shopping time for vulnerable customers, i.e, senior citizens and pregnant women. Doors were open to the said guests during the first hours of every Tuesday.
Target Senior Hours
The store has since changed its hours not only to help citizens above 65 years of age but also to keep them safe, away from large crowd gatherings within the stores.
If you’re 60 years and above, visit your nearest Target in the following hours to shop safely.
|Target Senior Hours||Opening Time||Closing Time|
|Monday||No senior hours||No senior hours|
|Tuesday||7:00 AM||8:00 AM|
|Wednesday||No senior hours||No senior hours|
|Thursday||No senior hours||No senior hours|
|Friday||No senior hours||No senior hours|
|Saturday||No senior hours||No senior hours|
|Sunday||No senior hours||No senior hours|
Target prioritizes the elderly, pregnant, and other vulnerable customers at the hours above and if the storekeepers don’t find anyone as such, the store is opened to other customers. So it surely pays to give them a visit on this particular day and hour.
Other than this special time, being aware of the normal working hours of Target is also crucial so kindly glance through the table below.
|Target Store Hours||Opening Hours||Closing Hours|
|Monday||8:00 AM||10:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM||10:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM||10:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM||10:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM||10:00 PM|
|Saturday||8:00 AM||11:00 PM|
|Sunday||8:00 AM||10:00 PM|
Note that most of the 1900 Target stores located in the United States are owned and run by individual franchise owners so the timings shown above are tentative. Please call your nearest Target before visiting or check opening and closing hours via their store locator.
With that said, most Target stores open and close at the hours mentioned above, and almost all the stores are closed on Sundays.
Target Holiday Hours
Let us learn the days of holidays when Target is open or closed to service. With over 1900 stores across America, it is hard to speculate if these holidays apply to all of them, and holiday days & hours are dependent on location, and the franchise owners.
On which holidays are Target stores open or closed?
It is obvious that customers would want to shop for holidays and Target doesn’t usually get the luxury of closing on all national holidays. So find the below mentioned holidays when the stores are open or closed
|Holiday||Open or Close||Hours|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||Open ✔||Regular hours (8:00 AM – 10:00 PM)|
|Valentine’s Day||Open ✔||Regular hours (8:00 AM – 10:00 PM)|
|Presidents Day||Open ✔||Regular hours (8:00 AM – 10:00 PM)|
|Mardi Gras Fat Tuesday||Open ✔||Regular hours (8:00 AM – 10:00 PM)|
|St. Patrick Day||Open ✔||Regular hours (8:00 AM – 10:00 PM)|
|Good Friday||Open ✔||Regular hours (8:00 AM – 10:00 PM)|
|Easter Sunday||Closed X||Closed X|
|Easter Monday||Open ✔||Regular hours (8:00 AM – 10:00 PM)|
|Cinco de Mayo||Open ✔||Regular hours (8:00 AM – 10:00 PM)|
|Mother’s Day||Open ✔||Regular hours (8:00 AM – 10:00 PM)|
|Father’s Day||Open ✔||Regular hours (8:00 AM – 10:00 PM)|
|Independence Day||Open ✔||Regular hours (8:00 AM – 10:00 PM)|
|Labor Day||Open ✔||Regular hours (8:00 AM – 10:00 PM)|
|Columbus Day||Open ✔||Regular hours (8:00 AM – 10:00 PM)|
|Halloween||Open ✔||Regular hours (8:00 AM – 10:00 PM)|
|Veterans Day||Open ✔||Regular hours (8:00 AM – 10:00 PM)|
|Black Friday||Open ✔||Extended hours|
Target stores are usually closed only on three holidays which are Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving, and Christmas so feel free to visit and shop to your heart’s content on holidays.
Target Store Contact Details
Target elderly hours are quite simple but why visit when you can take it up with the store via the internet. Find all the contact details scoured from the world wide web for your convenience.
- Phone: +18004400680
- Email: Target.com/ContactUs
1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN, United States
For press-related queries:
- Target GiftCard: +1800 544 2943
- Guest Relations: +1 800 440 0680
- Target Debit Card: +1 888 729 7331
What Services does Target Store offer?
The experience of over 100 years gives any business a calculative business edge over the competition. Target makes the most of this experience by owning 1/3 of all its inventory sold in the stores.
- Target owns 48 private labels which it calls “owned brands” and sells women apparel, kitchen utensils, activewear, pantry supply, art, lingerie and many more.
- Its limited edition product offering caters to cutting design, and has hit the ‘bullseye’ with customer satisfaction.
- The ‘only-at-Target’ service offers perks beyond their private offerings and provides service of the highest standards.
- Target touts of offering industry-leading pickup and delivery services of everything ordered on Target.com and has set a benchmark.
- RedCard service upholds loyal customers by offering 5% off on Target Runs and 2-day shipping.
- Target Circle is a service that allows customers to turn their visits into forming a local community, who then, in turn, earn 1% off on every Target purchase.
Shipping and Delivery Options at Target
“Get your order as fast as you want” is the motto of Target’s delivery system and they have quite a few services to back this up.
- Order today, get it today option allows customers to order on the website or the app and receive the shipment the same day.
- ‘Shipt Shopper’ membership is for users who order from Target often or if you need your shipment delivered the same day, you may pay $9.99 at the checkout.
- You may order anything you need and visit the store to pick it up with their ‘order pickup’ service.
- The ‘Drive Up’ service allows you to order anything on the Target app and a delivery personnel will bring it to wherever your car is parked.
- Order for more than $35 or use your RedCard to receive any of the hundreds of thousands of items within just 2 days.
- Free and easy returns help you to return your order, hassle-free to any Target. Furthermore, Target-owned and exclusive brands carry a one year return or exchange policy.
- RedCard is a membership service that offers free shipping, 5% savings, and other premium perks.
Target Corporation is America’s 8th largest retailer. Placed at 30th rank on the Fortune 500 list, it is one of the toughest competitors to global giants like Walmart and Amazon.
Founded and headquartered in Minneapolis, Target was first named Goodfellow Dry Goods in the year 1902, and Mr. George Dayton is its founder.
Target Store Review
Out of 1740 customer reviews, Target has 3.65 stars out of 5 which is more than just decent. Mostly satisfied with the overall experience, reviewers on sitejabber.com like the fact that Target ships order quickly, and its customer service.
Other than these, reviewers also love the variety of choices available especially with fashionable items.
Not a lot of retail giants can confidently claim to make a third of all the products they sell. With that said, Target has always had its priorities straight while providing special provisions to the elder, pregnant and others, and the said in-house products raise the profit margins as well.
Among all the other retailers that occupy the space, Target is surely the one to look forward to making waves in the coming decade.
Table Of Contents