When the outbreak of coronavirus was announced, many big-box grocery stores and retailers modified their cleaning procedures, delivery options, opening and closing hours to cater to their customers. And Costco was no different. Having said that, if you’re wondering what the latest Costco senior hours are, then read further.
In 2020, the multinational wholesale corporation launched exclusive Costco hours for seniors to accommodate the more vulnerable (or older) population as a priority.
However, when COVID19 cases started to decline, they announced that they were going to do away with senior hours. But recently, they again reversed the course and declared that they will keep the senior hours at costco for two days per week.
Costco Senior Hours of Operation
Even though Costco ended their special operating hours which were added in the beginning of the pandemic, it has now limited its time slots to just Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:00 to 10:00 AM. Only members that are 60 or older, immunocompromised shoppers, and people with disabilities will be permitted in those hours.
Also, Costco members working as first responders or in healthcare might shop in those hours but with proper identification. Guests are not allowed.
Here’s a detailed table showing the Costco senior hours of operation every day:
|Day||Opening Time||Closing Time|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM||10:00 AM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM||10:00 AM|
Special operating hours for members of the Age 60 and above
- Only members that are of the age 60 or above, individuals with disabilities, and ones with immunocompromised are allowed.
- Guests won’t be permitted.
- Culver City, California: Senior hours at Costco operates from 8:00 to 9:00 AM, every Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Brooklyn, New York: Senior hours at Costco operates from 8:00 to 9:00 AM, every Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Temecula, California: Senior hours at Costco operates from 8:00 to 9:00 AM, every Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Iwilei (Honolulu), Hawaii: Senior hours at Costco operates from 8:00 to 9:00 AM, every Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Westbury, New York: Senior hours at Costco operates from 8:00 to 9:00 AM, every Tuesdays and Thursdays
Access for first responders and healthcare workers
Costco members that are also first responders (EMTs, firefighters, police officers) and healthcare workers (hospital employees, pharmacists) can enter any Costco warehouses during senior hours, special operating times, and regular operating timings.
Costco senior hours are quite convenient. From groceries to pharmacies, Costco warehouses across the U.S. as well as Puerto Rico have special operating hours on Tuesdays as well as Thursdays (opens at 9:00 AM and closes at 10:00 AM) for older citizens to shop without any queue.
Like any other major retail store, Costco has changed its operating hours after the pandemic. The above details are updated based on Costco’s official Covid19 page. Their customer service is not just excellent but also available around the clock so that customers can buy their medicines and essentials without any hassles.
Although the timings of senior hours are pretty set, there can be slight variations but this entirely depends on where you live. Therefore, it is worth checking your nearest store before planning for a visit.
On Which Holidays is Costco Wholesale Open?
Costco senior hours remain the same even on holidays. Here’s a list of holidays when Costco stores remain open!
- Columbus Day
- Valentine’s Day
- Veterans Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Good Friday
- Father’s Day
- Mother’s Day
- Cyber Monday
- Presidents Day
- Christmas Eve
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Easter Monday
- New Year’s Eve
- Black Friday
On Which Holidays is Costco Wholesale Closed?
Costco senior hours don’t operate on certain holidays. So their stores remain closed during these days:
- Easter Sunday
- Labor Day
- Independence Day
- Memorial Day
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
Costco Customer Support Details
Costco’s customer service is something that’s always admired. They have a huge and separate support team to help customers whenever they are in need.
Here are the contact information of various departments and their operating hours:
Costco online order support
- Timings to call: Monday to Friday (5:00 AM – 8:00 PM) Pacific time
- Timings to call: Saturday to Sunday (5:00 AM – 7:00 PM) Pacific time
- Customer care number: 1-800-955-2292
Costco home improvement and installed products
- Timings to call: Monday to Friday (5:00 AM – 7:00 PM) Pacific time
- Timings to call: Saturday to Sunday (7:00 AM – 5:00 PM) Pacific time
- Customer care number: 1-844-765-0251
Costco warehouse and membership support
- Timings to call: Monday to Friday (6:00 AM – 6:00 PM) Pacific time
- Timings to call: Saturday to Sunday (8:00 AM – 5:00 PM) Pacific time
- Customer care number: 1-800-774-2678
Costco business center order support
- Timings to call: Monday to Friday (6:00 AM – 5:00 PM) Pacific time
- Timings to call: Saturday to Sunday – CLOSED
- Customer care number: 1-800-788-9968
Costco concierge services and technical support
- Timings to call: Monday to Sunday (5:00 AM – 10:00 PM) Pacific time
- Customer care number: 1-866-861-0450
Costco pharmacy mail order support
- Timings to call: Monday to Friday (5:00 AM – 7:00 PM) Pacific time
- Timings to call: Saturday to Sunday (9:30 AM – 2:00 PM) Pacific time
- Customer care number: 1-800-607-6861
Costco photo center support
- Timings to call: Monday to Sunday (6:00 AM – 8:00 PM) Pacific time
- Customer care number: 1-855-620-7579
Costco travel support
- Timings to call: Monday to Friday (5:00 AM – 9:00 PM) Pacific time
- Timings to call: Saturday to Sunday (6:30 AM – 5:30 PM) Pacific time
- Customer care number: 1-877-849-2730
What Services does Costco Offer?
Costco Pharmacy offers a range of services to its customers according to the region they live in.
Here are some of the most popular services you can avail of when you visit their stores:
1. Computerized patient profiles
One of the best features of Costco Pharmacy is its electronic record-keeping of prescriptions. This means that your medication record is automatically updated each time you get a new prescription filled or refill an old one.
If you get all your prescriptions filled at the same location, Costco Pharmacy can provide you with a copy of your entire medical history. They can even send it to your doctor.
2. Allergy/Drug interaction checking
It is important to remember that medicines do not really work in isolation. They can affect other medications or be affected by them, thus affecting your body. Costco Pharmacy checks to ensure that the medications you are taking do not interact with each other to cause an allergic reaction in your body.
3. Order Refills On Call
At Costco Pharmacy, value is equivalent to efficiency. This is what they provide their customers with an interactive voice response system. As a result, you can get your prescription refills on call without wasting any time.
4. Private Counseling Room
If you need to consult a pharmacist about something or have a health concern, you can count on Costco Pharmacy. They take care of their customer’s privacy and offer a private counseling area so that you can discuss the details of your personal health without any hesitation.
5. Medication Review
The pharmacists at Costco are highly trained professionals. They even offer private healthcare consultations and are available for discussions about your medications and health. You can schedule a convenient time with your pharmacist to talk about your health in a safe and friendly environment.
Shipping & Delivery Options at Costco
To ensure that the ordering experience is excellent and seamless at Costco, they offer multiple shipping options on most of their products. They have created comprehensive delivery policies in place for easy and effortless shopping.
Here are different shipping and delivery methods that Costco offers are:
- Standard delivery: Your items will be shipped through trustworthy delivery services such as FedEx, USPS, or UPS. For express shipping options, an extra Shipping & Handling fee is quoted during checkout.
- Standard delivery (Pre-scheduled Appointment): Your items will be shipped through freight carriers but will be shipped like a Standard Delivery (or UPS-like item) and left beside the front door without an appointment or signature.
- Threshold delivery: This option comes in handy while shipping large items to a customer property’s first dry area, which could be at the entrance or garage to ensure your purchases are protected and 100% safe. This method lets you choose a specific appointment time, requiring a signature once the delivery is made.
- White glove delivery: With this option, the items will be delivered at a given appointment time. The carrier will be unpacked and inspected before it’s set up to make sure it is received the way you expected. The delivery option includes packaging removal.
- Curbside delivery: Your items will be shipped through a good freight carrier and then delivered to the driveway. It lets you choose a specific appointment time and mandatorily requires signature during delivery.
Costco Grocery Delivery
Grocery is available only for members and in selected markets. The shipping and delivery options for Costco Grocery entails two options:
- Two-Day Delivery: Includes non-perishable items where the delivery is subject to an additional surcharge of $3 per item. However, this surcharge does not apply for orders worth $75 or more (without taxes).
- Cold & Frozen items: Includes items that need temperature to be controlled throughout the delivery. This type of delivery is subject to an additional delivery surcharge of $10. However, this surcharge does not apply for orders worth $100 or above (without taxes).
Costco Wholesale Corporation is a popular American multinational chain of business that operates on the concept of membership-only.
As of 2020, Costco was listed as the world’s fifth biggest retailer and one of the world’s largest retailers of organic foods, choice and prime beef, wine, and rotisserie chicken. In 2021, Costco ranked at number #10 on the Fortune 500 list of the United States largest corporations in terms of total revenue.
Costco Pharmacy Review
Costco offers competitive prices on all essentials that you need in day-to-day life and is extremely customer-friendly.They even send reminders to people when it is time for them to get their prescriptions refilled and mail them to their homes.
Most of their departments have had positive reviews for as long as it has been in operation. With the best prices and excellent customer support, Costco stands out for its services and professionalism.
It is safe to say that Costco is one of the most visited wholesale stores in the US. People across the states get their items restocked from Costco Stores at reduced prices. They even accept GoodRx discounts and offer a range of services to their customers.
So the next time you need to buy something for the best price, visit their stores but make sure to keep the opening and closing hours in check so that you don’t end up being there at non-business hours.
Hope this article helped with your queries!
Table Of Contents
- 1 Costco Senior Hours of Operation
- 2 Access for first responders and healthcare workers
- 3 On Which Holidays is Costco Wholesale Open?
- 4 On Which Holidays is Costco Wholesale Closed?
- 5 Costco Customer Support Details
- 5.1 Costco online order support
- 5.2 Costco home improvement and installed products
- 5.3 Costco warehouse and membership support
- 5.4 Costco business center order support
- 5.5 Costco concierge services and technical support
- 5.6 Costco pharmacy mail order support
- 5.7 Costco photo center support
- 5.8 Costco travel support
- 6 What Services does Costco Offer?
- 7 Shipping & Delivery Options at Costco
- 8 Costco Grocery Delivery
- 9 About Costco
- 10 Costco Pharmacy Review