If your search for Publix Pharmacy hours has landed you here, let us put all your worries to rest, because you’ll find all that you need in this article; starting from Publix Pharmacy hours, holiday hours and even their contact details along with some additional information.
Arguably the biggest employee-owned American supermarket chain, Publix Super Market Inc. also more commonly known as Publix was founded by George W. Jenkins in the year 1930.
This chain of stores operate across the Southeast United States with locations in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia and Florida(headquartered in Lakeland, Florida).
It has also successfully made its place as one of USA’s largest regional grocery chains. Besides, it even entered the pharmacy market on October 30, 1986 and has been a key player in the industry ever since.
Publix Pharmacy Hours
Publix Pharmacies, being an emergency/essential service, operate throughout the week with a slightly different timing through the weekends.
Publix pharmacies are open from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (Monday – Friday) but close slightly early on Saturdays at around 7:00 PM. On Sundays, they operate on a reduced time window of 7 hours, opening a bit later at 11:00 AM and closing as early as 6:00 PM or 7:00 PM in some locations.
The table below pretty much summarizes the Publix pharmacy hours across most of their locations in a detailed format.
|Day||Opening Time||Closing Time|
|Monday||9:00 AM||9:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM||9:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM||9:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM||9:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM||9:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM||7:00 PM|
|Sunday||11:00 AM||6:00 or 7:00 PM|
Publix Pharmacy Holiday Hours
As mentioned earlier, pharmacies fall under the category of essential/emergency services. Therefore, it is important they prioritize being available/operating on most holidays.
Publix Pharmacies delivers on its promise of “Feeling well, Living better” by operating round the year barring just three occasions. The two following sections highlight the holidays on which the Publix pharmacies are open and the ones on which they are closed.
On which holidays are Publix pharmacies open?
Following is a list of the holidays on which the Publix Pharmacies are open and you’d be surprised to see some of these on the list.
Although we would like to mention again that you might want to call them ahead of time if you are planning to visit them on some of these holidays to ensure that you have the correct timings.
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- President’s Day
- Valentine’s Day
- Mardi Gras Fat Tuesday
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Tax Day
- Good Friday
- Mother’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Father’s Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Black friday
On which holidays are Publix pharmacies closed?
Having mentioned already that Publix Pharmacies are operating round the year (albeit in slightly reduced hours) they are known to be closed on three occasions. Let’s find out which ones:
- Easter Sunday
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Publix Deli Hours: Usual Timings
The timings of stores across the globe have gone through a world of transformation in the due course of the pandemic, but slowly everything is finding its way back to normalcy with the decline in the COVID cases.
Publix too is on it’s way back to establishing a sort of regular operation hours, keeping in mind the convenience of both customers and staff. The timings are now back to their regular hours.
The Publix Stores open at 7:00 AM and close at 10:00 AM at most locations however some stores are also known to operate at slightly different timings for which we suggest you go through it over a quick call with your local Publix store.
It is always advisable to ensure the correct timings before you’re ready to step out to shop for your groceries. To make things a tad bit easier we have assembled the timings in a neat table for you to oversee the timings for everyday of the week.
|Day||Opening Time||Closing Time|
|Monday||7:00 AM||10:00 PM|
|Tuesday||7:00 AM||10:00 PM|
|Wednesday||7:00 AM||10:00 PM|
|Thursday||7:00 AM||10:00 PM|
|Friday||7:00 AM||10:00 PM|
|Saturday||7:00 AM||10:00 PM|
|Sunday||7:00 AM||10:00 PM|
Publix Pharmacy Phone Number & Contact Details
- Phone numbers: to get in touch with the pharmacists simply call on the toll free number @ 1-855-797-8254 and expect them to return your call within an express time of 30 minutes. For any store related comments you may consider contacting them at their corporate office @ 1-800-242-1227.
- Contact by Mail: Feel free to reach out to the customer service department, through correspondence, at their corporate headquarters in Florida: Publix Attn: Customer Service P.O. Box 407 Lakeland, FL 33802. You can contact the customer support services directly from the headquarters and expect them to get back within five to six working days.
- Contact through Social Media: Publix is known to have some of the best interaction with their customers on social media, so, you may connect with the customer support team at Publix at their social media handle on facebook and twitter for active interaction in terms of feedback, questions and comments to which you can expect a reply back within 24 hours of posting.
Services Offered by Publix Pharmacies
- The New Publix Pharmacy App for your mobile phone makes it even easier to manage your prescriptions on the go. It helps to keep a sync of your prescription refills and even remembers to send text alerts when it’s your time to refill your prescriptions. The features are straight from the doctor’s office for you to have seamless experience buying your medications. It offers timely prescription refills, helps transfer prescriptions and makes ordering medicines online much easier.
- Immunizations: worried you might miss out on the important immunizations? Leave your worries be, because at Publix Pharmacies you do no such thing as worrying. Simply check at your nearest Publix Pharmacy for all the immunisation your and your family might require and set an appointment to get them. It’s that easy.
- Get yourself signed in for the Diabetes Management program and say goodbye to the diabetes worries. You don’t have to let diabetes cripple your ability to live life. Teamed Publix Pharmacies you can now easily make full use of their diabetes management and live life freely.
- Publix Pharmacies offer a multitude of health insurance plans where you can consider insurance policies for you and your family. You can also get simple health screenings at your nearest Publix Pharmacy. Find out more about these options at Publix.
- One of the best parts about them would probably be their Free Medication Program, through which you can sign up for a free 90-days supply of free medication (limited to certain antibiotics and Metformin). It is best to confirm the list of medication available under this program from the pharmacy with just a quick phone call to their pharmacists.
Shipping & Delivery Options at Publix Pharmacy
- The Publix Pharmacy app provides an option to place medicine orders online through the app and schedule deliveries if available. This makes buying medication and refilling prescriptions much faster and easier.
- Publix Curbside: After the cease of operations by PublixDirect, Publix Curbside is Publix’s second attempt at e-commerce. It would be too early to deem this attempt as a successful one as the program is still finding its footing in the industry after being called off once already in the past. We can only hope for the best and see what the future holds in store for this venture by Publix.
- Instacart: In the month of July in 2016, Publix had announced another pilot project with Instacart to offer online shopping and delivery services to the greater Miami area. While not all products were made available for this, the instacart venture was spread across 37 ZIP codes for its pilot project.
About Publix Pharmacy
The very first Publix in-store pharmacy opened on October 30, 1986, in Altamonte Springs, FLorida. By the year 1995, one-third of Publix stores had a pharmacy and on today’s date, about 90% of Publix stores include a pharmacy.
Publix Pharmacy Review
Publix Pharmacies consistently ranked #1 for customer satisfaction in supermarket pharmacies in a number of surveys conducted by several independent research websites and/or companies.
Considering they have been and still are the biggest supermarket chain across Florida with over 800 stores and many southeastern states in the USA, Publix had done well in providing quality healthcare through it’s core pharmacy venture and services it provides additionally.
In conclusion Publix Pharmacies are an important aspect of the Southeast USA’s healthcare landscape and they have delivered to that role very well with their illimitable inventory of prescription and non-prescription medications. We hope you have all the required information about all things Publix Pharmacy. Feel well, live better!
Table Of Contents
- 1 Publix Pharmacy Hours
- 2 Publix Pharmacy Holiday Hours
- 3 Publix Deli Hours: Usual Timings
- 4 Publix Pharmacy Phone Number & Contact Details
- 5 Services Offered by Publix Pharmacies
- 6 Shipping & Delivery Options at Publix Pharmacy
- 7 About Publix Pharmacy
- 8 Publix Pharmacy Review
- 9 Conclusion