If you have been eating your lunch at McDonalds more often, then this article is for you. From making you aware of the McDonald’s lunch hours to their delicious menu, we are going to cover a lot many things today.
McDonald’s is the largest fast-food chain in the world and has been an introduction to burgers, fries, and fast food in general for many of us. The brand is identified by its two golden arches that make the shape of the letter ‘M’ across the world and is a huge part of the food culture as well as a pop culture today.
What started out as a humble family-owned restaurant in California is the biggest food giant in the world today. We all love McDonald’s or at least have tasted one of the items on its menu once.
This article focuses on the details regarding McDonald’s lunch hours and the lunch menu.
Keep Reading: McDonald’s Holiday Hours
McDonald’s Lunch Hours 2022
These are the timings you want to know if you want to take your family and friends along for lunch at McDonald’s. For people who prefer having an early lunch McDonald’s is the place you should be at. The only reason Mcdonald’s serves their lunch 30 minutes later on the weekends is that they have a busy breakfast hour around that time.
As mentioned earlier in the article, Mcdonald’s restaurants follow the franchisee business model. More or less, the restaurant owners a certain extent of freedom to start the breakfast or lunch hours a few minutes later or earlier.
Hence the opening hours may be different for different areas. A quick Google search will help you find out the exact opening hours for the McDonald’s restaurant near you.
|Day||Lunch Opening Hours||Lunch Closing Hours|
|Monday||10:30 AM||4:00 PM|
|Tuesday||10:30 AM||4:00 PM|
|Wednesday||10:30 AM||4:00 PM|
|Thursday||10:30 AM||4:00 PM|
|Friday||10:30 AM||4:00 PM|
|Saturday||11:00 AM||4:00 – 5:00 PM|
|Sunday||11:00 AM||4:00 – 5:00 PM|
McDonald’s Lunch Menu
McDonald’s lunch menu consists of over 150 items and barring a few standard items, the McDonald’s menu is different for different countries to suit the customers’ local taste better. Usually, the lunch menu includes burgers, sandwiches, Combo meals, and a special ‘Happy Meal’ for kids.
No doubt that McDonald’s lunch menu has scrumptious items but some of their most popular options include:
- Big Mac®: Mouthwatering perfection begins with two beef patties and their delicious, secret Big Mac® sauce, which is sandwiched between sesame seed buns. They are topped off with crispy shredded lettuce, pickles, finely-chopped onions and some fresh American cheese to give a heavenly taste. It is free from artificial flavors, added colors, or preservatives.
- Quarter Pounder® with Fresh Cheese: Every Quarter Pounder® Cheese burger has fresh beef which is deliciously juicy, hot, and cooked fresh. It is seasoned with salt & pepper and sizzled on an iron grill. Finally, it is topped with tangy pickles, American cheese, and slivered onions. It is free from artificial flavors, added colors, or preservatives.
- McDouble®: Their McDouble® burgers are classic. Typically, they stack 2 beef patties that are seasoned with a little salt & pepper. Along with a cheese slice, these burgers are topped with chopped onions, tangy pickles, mustard, and ketchup. They are free from artificial flavors and added colors.
2. Chicken & Sandwiches
- Crispy Chicken Sandwich: McDonald’s Crispy Chicken Sandwich is a southern style fried chicken sandwich that’s crispy, juicy and tender perfection. It’s topped with crinkle-cut pickles and served on a toasted, buttered potato roll. The Crispy Chicken sandwich has 470 calories. Check out all the Crispy Chicken Sandwiches. Order one today in the McDonald’s app.
- Chicken McNuggets®: These are juicy, tender, and made of white meat chicken. They are free from artificial colors, preservatives, or flavors. Just dip them with your favorite sauces.
- McChicken®: These are classic dishes and for a reason. Topped with some shredded lettuce and creamy mayonnaise, these juicy chicken patties are served on an ideally toasted bun.
Mcdonald’s is an American fast-food company, founded in the year 1940 by Richard and Maurice McDonald, which was initially operated as a restaurant in San Bernardino, California, United States of America.
The restaurant was lantern turned into a hamburger stand and then into a franchise as we know it today. In the year 1955, Ray Kroc joined the company as a franchise agent and later purchased the food chain from the McDonald brothers.
McDonald’s has its global headquarters in Chicago, USA. McDonald’s is the largest chain restaurant in the world, with over 69 million customers in over 100 countries and more than 38,000 outlets.
Though McDonald’s is known across the world for its hamburgers, cheeseburgers, and french fries, their menu also features various breakfast items, chicken products, soft drinks, milkshakes, desserts, and wraps.
Along with these items, Mcdonald’s has added a few healthy items to their menus like salads, fruit, and smoothies because of the backlash they received for excessively promoting the junk food culture.
A major chunk of McDonald’s revenue comes from the rent, royalties, and fees paid by the franchisees from around the globe. McDonald’s had the ninth-highest global brand value as of 2020.
1. When does McDonalds start serving lunch?
On weekdays (Monday to Friday), McDonald’s starts serving lunch from 10:30 AM onwards and usually closes by 4:00 PM. On weekends (Saturdays and Sundays), their lunch time starts from 11:00 AM, which goes on until 4 – 5:00 PM.
2. What does McDonalds lunch menu consist of?
McDonalds lunch menu is simple and classic. You have burgers, chicken sandwiches, wraps, milkshakes, sandwiches, french fries, etc., which can be customized based on your taste needs. They also have options for combo meals.
3. How to order and get your McDonald’s lunch?
McDonald’s offers multiple ways to order and buy your lunch than just through Drive Thru. McDonald’s is available on various food delivery mobile apps like DoorDash and Uber Eats for convenience. You can even download their app to place a lunch order via their feature ‘McDelivery.’ McDelivery offers delivery from 32,000+ restaurants worldwide.
4. How many items does Mcdonald’s lunch menu offer?
McDonald’s lunch comprises 140 dishes on the menu, which can be easily customized based on your taste preferences.
5. Are McDonald’s Lunch timings the same throughout the week?
McDonald’s starts serving its lunch from 10.30 am on the weekdays and from 11 am on the weekends. As the McDonald franchise restaurants are independently owned, the timings can be different for different areas. In countries like the USA, Australia, and Canada, some of the McDonald’s restaurants are open 24 hours and have a limited breakfast menu which is available throughout the day. So if you want to have hashbrowns for lunch or dinner, it’s totally possible with these restaurants.
6. When does the McDonald’s Lunch hour end?
The Mcdonald’s lunch hour begins at 10.30 am on the weekdays and 11 am on the weekends, which is then carried on to be the dinner hour, and it ends at the closing time of the restaurant.
7. When does McDonald’s start serving breakfast?
Some McDonald’s restaurants start serving their breakfast menu at 5.00 am, some at 6.00 am, and some at 7.00 am; the timings are different for different locations as there is no official starting and ending time for the breakfast menu.
8. Why are the breakfast timings different for different McDonald’s restaurants?
McDonald’s restaurants are franchise-owned, where the owner has control over the timings of the restaurant. Most of the McDonald’s restaurants serve their breakfast menu from 7.00 am to 10.30 am.
9. How to find the opening and closing times of the McDonald’s restaurant near me?
Use the McDonald’s restaurant locator official provided by McDonald’s to find out the McDonald’s restaurant’s opening and closing times near you.
10. Why is breakfast not served throughout the day in McDonald’s?
The universal Holding Cabinet UHC used by McDonald’s stores the products which are to be served to the customers throughout the day. The breakfast menu items and the main menu items cannot be stored in the UHC at the same time. But the breakfast menu can be served throughout the day if the franchise owner wants to.
11. Can McDonald’s serve its breakfast menu items earlier?
Some of the 24 hours open McDonald’s restaurants serve breakfast from 4.00 am and sometimes 5 or 6 in the morning, which is a lot earlier than other McDonald’s restaurants.
In this article, we have talked about a brief history of McDonald’s, given details about the lunch timings and the reason behind the timings being different for different places.
Walked to the lunch menu. McDonald’s is a chain fast-food restaurant that has introduced a burger concept to many countries in the world. It is an affordable eatery known for providing snack items like burgers, fries, milkshakes, and many more.
The restaurant is trendy among teenagers and young adults across the world. It is a popular hangout among families and friends where you can buy a meal without burning a hole in your pocket.
Some McDonald’s restaurants are open throughout the days. They are known for providing breakfast menu items along with the items on the main menu, which is not a common practice in most McDonald’s restaurants across the globe.
We hope this article has solved your queries regarding the Mcdonald’s lunch hours 2022 and the lunch menu provided by McDonald’s.