The name Big Lots may seem like simple jargon, but there is more to this. Lots could mean more, a large number of people, or items that are up for sale. If you are looking up Big Lots hours on the internet today, it is fundamentally because of the clever naming of the company that dates back many decades.
|It was 1967, and Consolidated Stores Corp. was founded in Columbus, Ohio. Consolidated Stores Corp. formed an offshoot brand by the name Odd Lots, and this didn’t go well with the rival company Revco, which was already established.|
Revco and Consolidated Stores Corp came to an agreement, and eventually, all the Odd Lots stores were renamed Big Lots, and that’s the origin story of this brand.
Big Lots store hours are simple yet stringent because it was formed as a consequence of healthy rivalry, and the brand upholds its morals even today.
A lot went on between 1980 and 2000. Consolidated Stores Corp. bought and sold many businesses, but in 2000, it rebranded itself as Big Lots, Inc. and changed its ticker sign from CNS to BLI.
In 2006, Big Lots changed its ticked symbol on NYSE from BLI to BIG which made much more sense for branding purposes.
Cut to 2019, Big Lots operates more than 1,400 stores in total and rakes in a net income of $ 143 million as of 2016.
Big Lots Hours of Operation
Big Lots hours of operation may seem straightforward, but they depend on the location. Give or take an hour, Big Lots opens and closes its doors during the hours mentioned below, and if you live in a tier-one city, this duration extension is higher.
Living up to its tagline “Be the Big difference for a better life,” big lots ensure the same hour standards extend during holidays. Find the Big Lots holiday hours further below.
Big Lots Hours
Big Lots Sunday hours are the same as the rest of the hours, but you may expect the store to remain open a wee bit longer on the weekends, depending on how crowded the place is.
Visit any Big Lots store in the USA without hesitation between 9 AM and 9 PM but make sure to look up the hours of any particular using the store locator link given below.
|Day||Opening & Closing Time|
|Monday||9:00 AM – 9:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM – 9:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM – 9:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM – 9:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM – 9:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM – 9:00 PM|
|Sunday||9:00 AM – 9:00 PM|
Big Lots Holiday Hours
Big Lots holiday hours are nothing like any other store in contention as it remains open during some of the major holidays. To learn more about Big Lots holiday hours, including Big Lots Christmas eve hours, take a look at the table below and make sure to bookmark this URL.
On which holidays are Big Lots stores open?
If you’re one of those die-hard shoppers who wait until Black Friday to make the most of your shopping experience, Big Lots Black Friday hours have you covered. Opening three hours earlier and closing two hours later on Black Friday, you may want to wake up early on D day and stand in line before 6 AM.
As Thanksgiving comes a day before Black Friday, Big Lots wants to give you the opportunity to shop till you drop on both days.
|Date||Holiday||Open or Closed?|
|January 1st||New Year’s Day||Open ✔|
|January 17th||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (MLK Day)||Open ✔|
|February 14th||Valentine’s Day||Open ✔|
|February 21st||Presidents Day||Open ✔|
|March 1st||Mardi Gras Fat Tuesday||Open ✔|
|March 17th||St. Patrick’s Day||Open ✔|
|April 15th||Good Friday||Open ✔|
|May 5th||Cinco de Mayo||Open ✔|
|April 18th||Easter Monday||Open ✔|
|May 30th||Memorial Day||Open ✔|
|June 19th||Father’s Day||Open ✔|
|July 4th||Independence Day (4th of July)||Open ✔|
|September 5th||Labor Day||Open ✔|
|October 10th||Columbus Day||Open ✔|
|October 31st||Halloween||Open ✔|
|November 11th||Veterans Day||Open ✔|
|November 23rd||Day Before Thanksgiving||Open ✔|
|November 24rd||Thanksgiving||Open ✔ 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM|
|November 25th||Black Friday||Open ✔ 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM|
|November 28th||Cyber Monday||Open ✔|
|December 24th||Christmas Eve||Open ✔|
|December 26th||Day after Christmas||Open ✔|
|December 26th||Boxing Day||Open ✔|
|December 31st||New Year’s Eve||Open ✔|
On which holidays are Big Lots stores closed?
Big Lots Christmas hours are the same as any other store hours because 99% of all businesses in the country are shut on this day. On the other hand, Big Lots remains open in some of the locations and closed in many, so call the store on this holiday if you want to pay a visit.
|Date||Holiday||Open or Closed?|
|April 17th||Easter Sunday||Some stores Open ✔ but most Closed X|
|December 25th||Christmas Day||Closed X|
Big Lots Contact Number & Details
If you need to contact Big Lots for any reason, you may use the following methods & means. The store locator, as mentioned earlier, is a brilliant tool to locate, find out the distance, know the hours of a particular store, and even speak to the store personnel.
The URLs follow the main information to all the Big Lots social media sites where the business is most active.
If you need to write a letter or send something to the business personally, the postal address is also shared at the end.
- Website: https://www.biglots.com/
- Customer Service Phone: 1-866-BIGLOTS (244-5687) (M–F 8 AM – 10 PM, ET | S–S 8 AM – 8 PM, ET)
- Store Locator: https://local.biglots.com/
- Email: https://www.biglots.com/help/contact-us
- Contact: https://www.biglots.com/help/contact-us (M–F 8 AM – 10 PM, ET | S–S 8 AM – 8 PM, ET)
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/biglots/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/biglots/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BigLots
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/big-lots/
- Tiktok: https://www.tiktok.com/tag/biglots?lang=en
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/biglots
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/biglots/
Big Lots Corporate Headquarters:
- 4900 E. Dublin Granville Road, Columbus, OH 43081-7651
- Phone: (614) 278-6800
Big Lots Store Offerings
Some of The postal address is also shared at the end ife products sold at Big Lots are:
- Furniture: Sofas, mattresses, pillows, rugs, cushions are popular at Big Lots, but they have a unique collection of Patio furniture and everything related to patios. If you are in the market to purchase anything for your patio, Big Lots must be the first thought on your mind.
- Food: In food, Big Lots sells coffee, sodas of all kinds, sparkling water, chips, and many similar products.
- Gazebos: needs a special mention because not a lot of stores sell ready to install Gazebos but Big Lots does. Prices range from $60 to $1,400; there is a gazebo for every household here.
- Fire Pits: as low as $105 to as costly as $675 are sold on Big Lots, and these range from conventional to wood-fired, chic to technological fireplaces.
- Beauty & Skincare: products at Big Lots deserve a special mention as it often goes under the radar. Products from cotton blossoms to perfumes are available here.
- Home Decor: candles, artificial flowers, blankets, wall art, and other home decor are also sold.
- Clothing & Accessories: In this, Big Lots sells everything from hoodies to shoes.
It must be known that almost all the products mentioned above are always on sale or discounts at Big Lots stores and Biglots.com.
Big Lots Shipping & Delivery
Big Lots usually takes 1 to 3 business days to process the placed orders, followed by 7 to 15 to ship it. Once the local delivery service receives your order, it will be delivered to you by a second carrier, right to the doorstep.
Big Lots delivers recliners, select sofas, furniture, select patio furniture, and many others at $149 unlimited flat rates.
The BIG! DELIVERY table is depicted below:
|BIG! Delivery Service Levels||Threshold||Room of Choice||White Glove|
|30 day return policy||✔||✔||✔|
|Flexible delivery scheduling||✔||✔||✔|
|Bring items inside||✔||✔||✔|
|Place items in desired room||✔||✔|
|Free mattress removal||✔|
About Big Lots and Brand Review
Currently, Big Lots is posting annual revenue of $ 6.1 billion. As of 2022-01-31, the store has generated quarterly revenue of $1.7 billion from all its 1400+ stores.
- Over 23,000 employees work for the company.
- It is headquartered in Columbus, Ohio.
- It is led by Bruce Thorn, the President, and CEO.
- As of the end of April 2022, Big Lots’ shares are selling at $33.35 apiece.
Review: On influenster.com, over 2,600 people have rated Big Lots an impressive 4.4 / 5 ratings. And on consumeraffair.com, the store is rated 3.6 / 5 stars by 300 people.
Unlike many companies, Big Lots has experienced a whirlwind of changes since its inception. As the pandemic hit the world, Big Lots shares started to soar in March of 2020 and are currently stabilizing.
Don’t forget to save this URL as it would come in handy the whole year and some more. And don’t forget to drive to the nearest Big Lots to you and shop to your heart’s content.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Big Lots Hours of Operation
- 2 Big Lots Holiday Hours
- 3 Big Lots Contact Number & Details
- 4 Big Lots Store Offerings
- 5 Big Lots Shipping & Delivery
- 6 The BIG! DELIVERY table is depicted below:
- 7 About Big Lots and Brand Review
- 8 Conclusion